Carmarthenshire League Division 1

Caerbryn 3 Drefach 0

In a rain hit weekend, one of the surviving fixtures saw a top of the table derby clash in Division one between league leaders Drefach and second-place Caerbryn.

The start of the game was very cagey, with both teams having half chances. Caerbryn keeper Ben Ledger was reliant when called upon, marshalling his back four well. Oliver Dymond and Kian Evans were tireless in the midfield, providing chances for the attackers, but the home side continued to be denied.

Drefach had a couple of counter attacks before the break, however, fullbacks Rhys Morgan and Rhys Williams were solid throughout, denying any threats to goal. The game was even with no goals at the break.

The second half saw dominance from the home side from the whistle. Tim Chapman immediately had an effort go just wide, and the home side won threatening corners but couldn't find the back of the net. After constant pressure, Caerbryn got their reward and took the lead. Fraser Williams, who worked tirelessly all game, found space down the right channel. His pass found its way to the feet of Chapman, who finished calmly into the corner from distance, resulting in eruptions from the Caerbryn sideline.

With the growth in confidence, the home side continued to attack. The returning Sean Howells ran at the Drefach midfield and defence, causing havoc all game. The second goal came from winger Stevie Evans. Positive hold up play by Williams once again saw wonderful link up play with Arwel Gravell, who's cross landed at Evans' feet. Evans calmly finished resulting in celebrations with the entire team and coaches.

Centrebacks Jacob Liles and Stuart Dunn were outstanding throughout the match. Both covered immensely well and denied any clear cut chances for the Drefach attack. With a positive two goal lead, Caerbryn made changes, introducing Matt Warnes, Lloyd Bevan and Liam Jones to see out the game. It was Jones who provided the icing on the cake, tapping in at the back post from Chapman's cross with the final kick of the game.

Caerbryn sealed the three points with three well worked goals to leapfrog their opponents and take top spot in the league. There is currently no fixture for the First team, however Caerbryn reserves are fixtured to play Abergwili Reserves at Ammanford 3g for a 1:15pm kick-off next Saturday.