Carmarthenshire League Division 1

Caerbryn 3 CK Swiss Valley Reserves 0

Caerbryn kicked off against strong opposition at their new, temporary home, at Ammanford Leisure Centre 3G. 

Caerbryn started the half in blistering style, moving the ball well on a nice surface. Debutant Fraser Williams proved a real handful for the visiting defence and linked up well with his new team mates, gifting chances to wingers Tim Chapman and Kyle Wells who missed the target.  

Caerbryn started to create numerous chances, but just couldn’t convert in the early minutes of the game. It looked like the visiting side would make the hosts rue missed chances when they broke and had a chance to put the ball in the back of an empty net. Man of the Match Stu Dunn was heroic in saving the ball off the line following some great recovery work from defenders Jake Liles, Matt Warnes, Arwel Gravell and debutant goalkeeper Ben Ledger.

With that wake up call, Caerbryn’s midfield took control of the game before half time and Oliver Dymond’s work rate caused CK a massive problem with his constant running. 

The breakthrough came in injury time of the first half. A corner from Skipper Lloyd Bevan found the head of Tim chapman who nodded home.

The second half saw changes made by both teams with the introduction of Rhys Williams and Stevie Evans on the left side, who caused problems for the visiting team.  A deep cross from winger Tim Chapman found its way to Williams who rocketed a strike on the half volley for the 'goal of the day' to make it 2-0. 

Caerbryn were now cruising with Rhys Morgan and Bevan sitting in midfield and sweeping anything up. Bevan was involved again for the third, when his corner found the head of Stuart Dunn to score a deserved goal.

With the game under control, Caerbryn brought on Liam Jones and Matthew Howell to solidify the right hand side and achieve a clean sheet. Dylan Carmichael returned to action, helping hold up play well to see out the game. 

Caerbryn now look at two tough games in two weeks time for their push to promotion.

Carmarthenshire League Reserve Division 2

Johnstown Reserves 3 Caerbryn Reserves 2

Caerbryn Reserves were very unlucky to come away with nothing in a tough contest at Johnstown. The first half was even, however Johnstown took their chances and were deserved leaders by two goals at the break.

The second half saw a completely different attitude and intensity from the away side. Constant waves of attacks saw chances fall to Kieran Jones and Aled Saunders but neither could find the net. Man of the Match Ben Morgan and midfield partner Adam Rowe dictated the midfield, putting in a tireless effort to continue regaining possession. 

The defence of James Kitt-Griffiths, Dylan Thomas, Chris Williams and Cameron Evans were much more solid this half, providing and creating a foundation for the attack. Substitute Joe Kinsey made a big difference and assisted for Matthew Jones to make it 2-1. Caerbryn kept pushing, and equalised to a well hit strike by Daniel Kinsey on his return to the field. Joe Kinsey once again with the important assist after strong work down the left.

As Caerbryn pushed for the winner, Johnstown broke well and scored through a well struck free kick. Jones fired a superb free kick of his own which was strongly saved by the home keeper, denying Caerbryn anything from the game.

Caerbryn Reserves host Pwll this coming Saturday.