A good crowd of around 200 gathered at Cae Criced to see the first league meeting between the two sides for almost 30 years.

And they saw Cwm come out on top in an Amman Valley derby that did not lack commitment and incident but was very much a stop start affair.

Bryn Rovers started on the offensive and their strategy was clear in the first few minutes as they bombarded the Cwmamman box with long balls and throw-ins, trying to utilise their height advantage which through the match managed to pin Cwm back and minimise their passing game.

Then in the first Cwm attack a free kick was given on the edge of the Bryn defence and Nikki Parvin stepped up to rifle it home to the low right corner.

South Wales Guardian: Celebrating a goal!Celebrating a goal! (Image: Cwmamman United FC)

As Cwm adjusted to the pitch Sean Howells and Jackson Brereton calmed the midfield approach and Mason Davies, Elliot Smith and Olly Dymond started to pressurise the Bryn defence.

In the 26th minute Davies was brought down in the Bryn box and David Brown stepped up to calmly put it away in the top right hand corner.

Within two minutes an Elliot Smith effort fell loose to his brother and new signing Taylor and he spotted the narrowest of gaps to cheekily tuck it away for 3-0.

Cwm then seemed to sit back and Bryn continued their aerial assault with Mark James and Nathan Mcneil stretching the Cwm defence, where the centre back pairing of Brown and Charie Davies were outstanding.

Things got worse for Bryn in the 41st minute with the dismissal of Adam Campbell for a second yellow card, but to their credit within two minutes they had pulled one back when a failure to clear saw Harri Jones score with a strong shot from the edge of the box. 

South Wales Guardian: Action between Cwmamman United and Bryn RoversAction between Cwmamman United and Bryn Rovers (Image: Cwmamman United FC)

The second half became very scrappy with a number of yellow cards being issued for innocuous challenges, and increasing dialogue between players and referee culminated in a red card for Bryn Manager Dan Williams in the 66th minute. 

Bryn continued to press but Callum Andrews in the Cwm goal held up strong while the final 10 minutes saw Cwm get the upper hand as Nathan Wickham and sub Harrison Thomas managed to release their forwards creating a number of chances.

Taylor Smith was brought down as he appeared to break through on goal and then he saw Aled Thomas save his effort as he went one on one with the keeper.

It was a brave effort from Bryn Rovers but an important three points for Cwm, who they travel next Sat to play West End FC.