Cwmamman United 1 Clydach 2

At the final whistle the Cwm supporters stood silently in shock as the Clydach supporters celebrated wildly. 

A good crowd had witnessed a match that had seen Cwmamman totally in control as they played flowing and creative football while holding a 1-0 lead for most of the match but spurning a number of chances.

The final 15 minutes saw Cwm tire which allowed Clydach to finally have some possession and put pressure on the Cwm defence.

A one goal lead is always vulnerable and so it proved in as Clydach scored in the 97th and 98th minutes to take the full three points.

Cwm had launched into their free flowing style immediately and after a couple of opportunities Olly Dymond opened the scoring with a clinical finish from a parried save following an Elliot Smith power drive.

With the early goal behind them Cwmamman played with authority and Jackson Brereton, Mason Davies and Nathan Wickham were causing problems for the Clydach defence.

With Dymond and Smith coming close and Charlie Davies and David Brown just failing to convert headers from corners another goal seemed likely.

Cwm had the opportunity in 39th minute to convert a well earned penalty but Phil Aitchison in the Clydach goal dived low to his right to save and then also saved the rebound attempt from Dymond.

South Wales Guardian: Cwmamman United in action against ClydachCwmamman United in action against Clydach (Image: Freelancer)

Cwm continued the second half in the same vein and Harrison Thomas, Nikki Parvin and Scott Jones were comfortable at the back and allowed freedom to support the many attacks.

With the game dangerously at 1-0 Cwm’s dominance started to fade from around the 70th minute and there was an increasing number of Clydach attacks.

Max Riley had to make an excellent save and just as Cwm thought they had seen the surprisingly long additional period out Ryan Thomas popped up to poke in an equaliser.

There was worse to follow as a Clydach player was brought down at the edge of the box and top scorer Dan Rees stepped up to score the last gasp winner, although Riley did well to get a hand to it and was unlucky not to save it.

A disappointing night for Cwm particularly as they had played such good football and they will rue their missed opportunities.

They will return to action for the local derby with neighbouring Bryn Rovers on Saturday, September 2 away at Cae Criced.