Cwmamman Utd 3 Pontardulais Town 2

Cwmamman United’s first ever match in the Macron Premier League saw a crowd of over 200 at Grenig Park fully entertained as the home side managed to overturn a 2-1 deficit scoring two late goals in added time for an important victory.

The new look Cwm side with eight debutants following last season and a further four on the bench settled quickly dictating the pattern of the game.

From the beginning Cwm controlled possession while Pontardulais relied on their speedy attackers for the counter breaks.

The Cwm back four of Sean Howells, Harrison Thomas, David Brown and Nicky Parvin dominated possession as they probed and fed dangerous through balls to the attackers.

Bont though had the first opportunity as a strong attempt was parried on to the crossbar by Cwm keeper Max Riley.

This triggered a more direct approach from Cwm and they thought they had taken the lead on 35 minutes when the ball was poked home in a scramble only to see the linesman call it back for offside as they all lined up to kick off.

A few minutes later though Elliot Smith was brought down in the box after a mazy run and he confidently scored the penalty to give his side the lead.

Just on half time in a rare attack a long free kick into the Cwm penalty area was left unchallenged and Dylan Rees nipped in to superbly volley home.

The second half was similar possession wise with Charlie Davies prominent in the middle and they saw Olly Dymond, Mason Davies, Ryan Thomas, Jackson Brereton and the ever dangerous Smith asking questions of the Bont defence who’s centre back pairing were excellent.

However, in the 70th minute a failure to clear a low corner kick saw Leo Richards rifle home for the visitors for an unexpected lead.

Cwm brought on Keena Hinds, Jesse Howell and Scott Jones and they continued to launch a wave of attacks.

Eventually, in the 91st minute Sean Howells scrambled the ball home for an equaliser and as people thought it couldn’t get any more dramatic Smith ran on to a Brown headed flick and rocketed a shot into Wyn Walters’ far corner for an incredible winner.