AFC Porth 1 Cwmamman Utd 2

With three games left and six teams at risk of relegation, Cwmamman travelled to bottom side AFC Porth and came away with a critical win after a tense match.

The result puts Cwm five points above the relegation zone, with two matches remaining, while confirming the relegation of a brave Porth side.

Cwm started with assistant manager Llion Jones in the line up as one of their players had been delayed .

It was Jones who scored immediately after 40 seconds, when Ryan Hurlow pressured the Porth defence and Jones scooped the ball into the goal over the advancing keeper.

An incredible start, and with Porth rattled Cwm quickly created a couple more chance.

Hurlow went close, before a failure by Cwmamman to clear a cross saw Patrick Rysgaard hammer home the loose ball.

A frantic start saw both sides pushing for these crucial survival points and a great ball from Jones saw Hurlow’s shot well saved.

A long range shot to the top corner by Ross Morgan then saw a brilliant save by Andrew Hargreaves.

The second half continued at a strong pace, and Porth appeared to be the more creative forcing Grant Rees and Gareth Howarth to work extremely hard at the centre of defence.

Kai Rees was a reassuring presence in goal for Cwm, while Elian Evans and Travis James were gaining control at full back.

With Porth pushing forward Cwm were countering well, and with Keena Hinds prompting a ball over the top saw Hurlow race away to see his strong shot go over the bar.

Geraint Rees also saw a header go wide, and with a draw not really suiting anybody both sides searched for the winner.

It came in the 80th minute when Hargreaves couldn’t hold a cross and player manager Ryan Thomas completed a management double when he smashed it home to great celebrations.

In a tense final 10 minutes Porth frantically searched for an equaliser, but the Cwm defence held strong for what could prove to be an absolutely vital win at the end of the campaign.

The remaining two home Cwm games will now be played at Afan Lido FC due to the drainage work being undertaken at Grenig Park.

The first match is against Penydarren BGC at 7.15pm on Tuesday and the last game against Caerau Ely at 7.15pm on Friday.