Fire crews were forced to respond to a fire at a bungalow near Llandovery last night (Monday, February 26).

Crews from Llandovery and Llanwrtyd Wells rushed to the incident near Cil-y-cwm shortly after 10.04am.

The occupant of the bungalow was safely outside by the time firefighters arrived and the blaze was later put out.

A spokesman for Mid & West Wales Fire & Rescue Service said: "Crews responded to a fire within a domestic bungalow measuring approximately 20 metres by 8 metres. 

"Crews utilised two breathing apparatus sets, one hose reel jet and two thermal imaging cameras to extinguish the fire, as well as one positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the property. 

"Crews also monitored the levels of carbon dioxide within the property.  The property’s one occupant was already outside on the arrival of crews. Crews left the scene at 11.46pm."

It was later established that the fire had been caused by an electrical fault.