Llandybie welcomed Bynea for this Div 3 West B match having beaten them narrowly in the WRU Division 3 Cup a few months ago.

Both teams fielded young sides with Bynea missing an early penalty from in front. The two sides threw the ball about but both defences were to the fore. Llandybie progressed to the visitors 10-yard line and from a scrum drove forward with number eight Ioan Rees getting the touch down after ten minutes.

Bynea kept probing the home defence but could not find a way through. Fly half Iestyn Richards got his back line moving from deep with centres Josh Watkins and Tom Davies bringing full back Wayne Williams into the line. From halfway his pace took him clear and he side stepped the last defender to score a lovely try after 25 minutes.

Llandybie kept the pressure up with back rowers Greg Thompson, Ioan Rees and Owain Rees keeping the hosts moving forward. Steff Thomas found Connor Butler and Rees in the line outs and from another scrum drive, scrum half Rhys Jones forced his way over for another try to lead 15–0 at half time.

Bynea came out more determined in the second half encamped in the home 22 for about fifteen minutes. Good carries were met with determined defence from Jordan Tommason, Christian Davies and Owain Rees. The whole team made tackle after tackle to keep the visitors out and a few scuffles broke out with Bynea becoming frustrated at not being able to get a score.

From a Bynea attack Tom Davies intercepted to run clear but kicked ahead when a pass to a teammate would have served better and a try went begging. With more pressure Llandybie threw the ball wide with Watkins and Davies putting wing Tom Howell in for a bonus point try converted from the touchline by Richards. Llandybie missed a penalty soon after. The whole side put in a hard shift in defence to stop Bynea scoring, with full back Williams in the thick of it. Man of the match for Llandybie was Owain Rees in his first game in a good 22-0 win.

Next week Llandybie are away to Penygroes.