After a poignant and moving Remembrance tribute involving the laying of wreaths and the last post both sides proceeded to provide a fully committed match with the Wanderers holding on to come out as winners.

The home side set their stall out early as they dominated possession from the start with Nikki Parvin, Ryan Cole and David Brown controlling play and creating some early opportunities.

However, with their first attack a long ball in the 9th min saw a Cwm defender slip on the greasy surface and Oliver Ranford calmly picked his spot to beat Callum Andrews from the edge of the goalmouth.

Cwm then lost Nikki Parvin to injury in the 21st minute to be replaced by Jackson Brereton and they had a further setback when a failure to clear the ball saw it fall to Jacob Sadler who perfectly fired home from virtually the same spot as the first goal.

Cwm now 2-0 down after 23 mins had a task ahead but continued to play their dominant attacking football with Charlie Davies, Iestyn Evans along with wing backs Harrison Thomas and Cameron Williams regularly joining attacks.

The rest of the match followed a similar pattern with the brave Wanderers defence absorbing waves of attacks and defending corners with their goalkeeper Sten-Marek Orumaa having the game of his life producing save after save to foil the attempts of the Cwm strike force of Nathan Wickham, Taylor Smith and debutant Luke Caffrey.

Cwm finally broke through when substitute Brieg Matthews expertly steered a header home from a corner in the 74th min leading to an even more frantic onslaught on the Wanderers goal in the final 15 mins.

To their credit their defence held out through more heroics from Orumaa and the courage and commitment of their defence for an important win.

Cwmamman will be disappointed having had so much of the game and having created so many good chances but that is football and Wanderers showed how to expertly finish opportunities especially having had so few attacks.

Final score: Cwmamman United 1 – 2 Cwm Wanderers.

Next Saturday Cwmamman travel to the cup holders Penlan AFC for a West Wales Cup tie at 1.30pm.