LLANDYBIE made the trip to Betws and returned with a victory after a hard fought 13-8 win.

After seven minutes, Llandybie were penalised for offside, and Matthew Rees struck the opening score through the posts.

Ben Featherstone hit back for Llandybie soon after to level the scores at 3-3.

Good carries by flanker Nathaniel Butler and hooker Rhys Cann put Llandybie on the front foot and Featherstone struck his second penalty again for offside.

Betws fought back with a long kick to touch from yet another penalty. James Tommason stole their throw in but the Llandybie scrum half fumbled and Gareth Comley gathered finding Rory McGhee in support to drive over for a gift try.

Soon after, Ioan Rees took an overthrow from Cann and Llandybie went wide, Rhys Evans putting Featherstone on a run brought down just short.

Steff Thoamas and Dai Lloyd carried but were forced back.

Half time arrived with the hosts leading 8 – 6.

Alex Wigley was accurate with his touch finders again but was carded for a high tackle on Nathan Peters who twisted his knee and had to be replaced.

Betws missed a kickable penalty but the visitors were battling hard with a man short.

Cellan Davies had to be replaced for Betws after a nasty blow to the face.

With Wigley back on Tim Williams was binned for an infringement.

Tom Griffith pushed Llandybie downfield and Wayne Williams and Keri Davies had a number of forays into the line.

Betws had the better of it for around twenty minutes with Llandybie finding it difficult to get the ball off the hosts, however their defence was good with Butler, Dan Brooks and Rees ever present.

Mathew Lloyd came on to boost the visitors attack and Butler made ground into the hosts twenty two.

Cann found Tommason in the lineout and set up a driving maul with the visitors pounding the hosts line but could not find a way through.

Scrum half Kieran Williams who had had a good match was binned for retaliation. From the penalty to touch Tommason again stole the throw and from the attack Wigley put a lovely grubber kick through for Featherstone to touch down converting the try with a fine kick from the touchline to lead 13 – 8.

With a minute to go Betws could have won it with a breakaway up the right but the pass inside went astray and captain Rhys Evans gathered to clear to touch.

A hard fought and ill disciplined match ended with Llandybie taking the win,