Ammanford picked up their tenth league win of the season in the JD Cymru South, as they defeated Undy Athletic 2-1 at home.

Ammanford got off to a good start and should have taken the lead in the first ten minutes when Bruno Forkouh broke free of his markers but couldn’t find a finish.

At the other end captain Rhys Fisher and fellow centre back Euros Griffiths had to be on their toes to stop the Undy forward line.

A turnover in possession saw Undy striker Rhys Thomas set through on goal via a lovely through ball. Thomas took the ball in his stride and fired a shot at Craig Morris' goal.

The keeper got a hand to it, but was unable to stop the shot nestling in the back of the net as the visitors took the lead.

As the clock ticked on towards half time it looked as if the visitors were going into half time in the box seat.

However Ammanford broke forward and the pace of Gavin Jones took him into the Undy penalty area only to have his legs taken from underneath him from a last ditch tackle which resulted in a spot kick for Ammanford.

Ammanford full back Richie Lewis to step up to the plate for his team. He placed his shot into the far left corner of the Undy net to level the scores on the stroke of half time.

The second half carried on from the first half with both teams looking to gain the upper hand. Ammanford’s Craig Morris made a couple of good stops to keep the scores level. The game was very competitive and got a little heated at times.

The red mist descended and it fell on Ammanford’s Euros Griffiths who was sent off for a foul which referee, Thomas Bevan adjudged merited a red card.

Again after some good play it was Ammanford’s Gavin Jones who broke into the Undy penalty area and for the second time in the game he was felled to the ground. The referee immediately pointed to the penalty spot.

Up stepped Lewis again, this time striking left post with his effort which rebounded to safety.

Ammanford were in front not long after though, despite playing a man short.

Mathew Fisher picked the ball up midway in the Undy half and drove at the heart of the defence. Fisher dropped his shoulder and fired a powerful low shot which deceived the Undy goalkeeper and nestled into the bottom right hand corner of the net.

Ammanford now in front for the first time in the game still had some fifteen minutes to defend their lead.

Undy tried but couldn’t break the stranglehold that Ammanford had on the game. and it was the hosts who celebrated with their fans at the final whistle.