AMMANFORD AFC suffered a 4-2 defeat at the hands of Swansea University as they played their first home game of the season in front of a bumper crowd.

The Recreation Ground was packed out as 414 fans crammed in to see new signings Lee Trundle and Andy Robinson turn out for Ammanford.

It was a poor start for the hosts however, who were behind after just six minutes.

Swansea University striker Marley Bishop-Wisdom was pulled down in the area, and the referee pointed to the spot. Nicholas Hayden stepped up to slot home and fire his side into a 1-0 lead.

That advantage was doubled just 60 seconds later when Bishop-Wisdom pounced on a defensive error and slotted the ball neatly into the corner.

Ammanford were struggling to match the visitors' intensity and were 3-0 down on ten minutes.

Again it was Bishop-Wisdom causing all the problems as he broke free of the back line and scored again.

As if things weren't bad enough for Ammanford, they then lost influential midfielder Mathew Fisher to injury, replaced by front man Craig Frater.

The Uni had further chances to extend their lead in the first half, but Ammanford fought hard to make it to half time with just the three goal deficit.

Any hopes of an unlikely second half fightback looked to be in vain when, just five minutes into the second half, Bishop-Wisdom grabbed another to claim his hat trick and extend the lead to four.

At last Ammanford appeared to wake up and add some more urgency to their game.

Two minutes after the fourth found the back of the net, the hosts hit back.

Craig Frater ran down the line in front of the main stand, before beating his man, cutting inside and unleashing a shot which caught a fierce deflection and beat the goalkeeper.

The mood in the ground changed, and spirits were lifted further when ex-Swans man Andy Robinson earned his side a penalty.

Much to the dismay of those watching though, another Swansea legend, Lee Trundle, saw his spot kick saved.

Ammanford continued to press, and with 20 minutes to play, grabbed their second as centre back Euros Griffiths rose highest to head home a coss.

As hard as they tried, Ammanford could not find another way through the Swansea University defence marshalled by the experienced Wyn Thomas.

As the clock ran down the Uni held on for a 4-2 win.