Welsh League One

Taffs Well - 0

Ammanford - 2

A FLOODLIGHT failure wasn’t enough to throw Ammanford off their game as they picked up their second win of the season at Taffs Well.

Goals from Liam Samuel and Matthew Jones earned the victory for the visitors, their second on the bounce following an impressive win at Goytre last week.

It was the visitors who had the first sight on goal, Rhys Fisher played a cross-field ball to Samuel who’s shot from the edge of the area went just over the bar.

Taffs Well had the next chance a couple of minutes later, rattling the crossbar from outside the area.

The rebound fell to a striker, but the follow up effort was blocked well and the ball was eventually cleared away.

Matthew Jones had a good chance to score in the 21st minute when he found space on the left side of the area, his shot which was aimed for the right corner went narrowly wide.

A long ball upfield by Matthew Fisher played Ricky Martin in, he took the ball around Glyn Garner in the Taffs Well goal, however his touch was too heavy and the ball rolled out of play.

Neither side were able to break the deadlock in the first half, despite Ammanford looking the better of the two sides.

The Wellmen looked to punish them for their missed opportunities in the second half, and a good chance to do so early on, but goalkeeper Craig Morris was on hand to keep the game goalless.

The first goal finally arrived in the 57th minute.

The visitors took a quick free-kick which was laid off to Samuel, he took a few steps to compose himself, and fired an arrowing shot into the bottom left corner to put his side ahead.

Only eight minutes later, Ammanford doubled their advantage. A free-kick from 20 yards out by Fisher was parried on to the post, and an onrushing Jones was on the scene to tap in.

The game was then delayed for 14 minutes, with the floodlights on the far side failing.

It fell to referee Tom Bevan, a qualified electrician, to repair the problem and get the game under way.

The remainder of the game was a back-and-forth battle, with the home side throwing the kitchen sink at Ammanford, who looked to strike on the counter.

Despite numerous chances though, the score wouldn’t change, and Ammanford held on to pick up a valuable win on the road.