Report by Cwmamman United FC

Ynysygerwn 1 Cwmamman Utd 1

Cwmamman travelled to the Llandarcy Academy of Sport to take on table-topping Ynysygerwn, and will have been disappointed to come away with only a point, having created a number of golden chances in the first half.

Finally this season Cwm were straight out of the starting blocks and in the 2nd minute Ryan Hurlow found himself free in the box but he could not get his shot away.

Then in the 11th minute Calem Rees was through on the keeper, who made a great save.

While Ynysygerwn were trying to patiently build attacks, Cwm were playing at a pace - and after a great move Hurlow again broke through to see his shot fly over the bar.

Ynys struggled to threaten Cwm keeper Nathan Mcneil, and with Terry Maynard and Gareth Howarth solid at the centre of defence, and Nathan English and Ryan Foschi containing the dangerous Ynysygerwn wingers, Cwm were the more creative.

Cwm had another great chance when Calem Rees lobbed the oncoming keeper to see it hit the post, and Hurlow could not steer the rebound home.

Cwm started the second half well, with Hurlow beating the defence to see his shot go just wide, but Ynys were now starting to impose themselves.

In the 56th minute a direct cross following a bounce ball restart found Shaun Williams at the back post and he headed home.

A good period of pressure from Ynys then followed, and Mcneil made two excellent saves.

Cwm continued to create with Ross Morgan, Keena Hinds, Geraint Rees and Kyle Ashord strong across the middle.

They got their rewards when a deflected clearance fell to the hard working Calem Rees who despite a good effort by Luke Jones in the Ynys goal tucked it in the corner of the goal.

Both sides then went desperately searching for the winner with a disallowed goal for offside for Ynys and Hurlow and Rees both going close for Cwm.

It was a good away point for the Blues, particularly having suffered some late withdrawals from the side on the day, leaving a depleted bench.

On Saturday they travel to take on Dinas Powis.

Cwmamman Utd Reserves lost 3-0 to their high flying Pontardawe Town counterparts under the lights on Friday night.

It was a physical encounter with the slick passing of Ponty competing with the more direct pacy style of Cwmamman.

Cwm were unlucky to see a free kick skim off Grant Rees’ head into the net, but Ponty’s Tomos Blizzard was then sent off after words with the referee.

Cwm’s went Rhydian Jones went very close, but the game was concluded within the first three minutes of the second half with two goals from Steffan Pryce and an excellent long range strike from Arwel Rees.