Cambrian & Clydach manager and former Cardiff City player Scott Young could be well-satisfied with his team’s performance as they took the points in a seven-goal thriller at Ammanford’s Recreation Ground on Friday night.

But the home side and their supporters will have been very disappointed not to have come away with something from this game.

Ammanford got off to the perfect start nine minutes into the game when midfielder Kai Whitmore broke free of his markers and beat goalkeeper Jack Jenkins for an early lead.

The visitors, however, responded well and with 29 minutes played, big centre forward Ryan Prosse rifled home a powerful low shot, beating goalkeeper Craig Morris to level matters.

All square at the interval, the second half saw Ammanford manager Gruffydd Harrison make an early substitution by bringing on Brett Enoch in place of midfielder Dale Jones.

With an hour gone Cambrian’s impressive wide-man Liam Reed beat the defence and gave his team a 2-1 lead with a well taken goal.

With four minutes, however, Ammanford’s half-time substitute Brett Enoch got himself free wide on the left side close to the byline, took the ball into the 18 yard box and unleashed a low drive into the corner to level matters,.

Ammanford looked to press on, but the visitors were not settling for a point and continued to press the home team as both full backs Joe Thomas and Jay Woodford kept a high line and attacked at every opportunity.

After 76 minutes a scramble in the Ammanford goal area saw Connor Young score with a deflected effort from close range to make the score 3-2.

With three added minutes after the ninety, Ammanford were awarded a free kick some 24 yards out from goal.

Striker Lee Trundle’s low powerful shot went directly under the defensive wall and sped passed keeper Jack Jenkins into the back of the net.

Ammanford thought they had had rescued a point, but the drama was not over as two minutes later Cambrian and Clydach’s Finn Jones found himself in front of goal and calmly stroked the ball passed goalkeeper Craig Morris to restore his team’s lead.

The referee blew his final whistle in a very disappointing ending for the home side.

Ammanford AFC are home again on Friday against Trefelin.