Saron Under 8s 1 Glynneath Under 8s 0

THIS fixture was the last in the season and what a game to end with. Good clean passing from James Lawlor, Steffan Rhys, Joshua Jordan and Kieron Duffyn kept the ball in their control. An early goal by Carl Morris off James Lawlor's pass put Saron in the lead. Andrew Stevenson and Joshua and James almost were denied on a few occasions.

The Saron boys have had a fabulous season, only losing three games. They train hard and are fully committed to working together as a team. The boys have decided to continue their training programme throughout the summer, so look out next season for further improvement from the under 8s.

Saron U10s 2-0 Cimla U10s

IN an excellent game of football Saron were the better team. Dafydd Evans pulled off two brilliant saves in the first half and Shaun Edwards had a superb game in midfield tackling, passing and taking on the Cimla team. The defence held out well, Jack, Joseff and Arwel solid throughout. During the second half the midfield of Sam, Craig and Gethin came more into the game. Gethin Morris scored for Saron, the other goal being an own goal. Sion worked hard up front but man-of-the-match was Scott Vobe.

Neath Boys Club U13s 4-2 Saron U13s

A MUCH closer game than the scoreline suggests saw Saron lose a match which could easily have gone their way.

This reflects the mixed fortunes of the boys over the last few weeks which has seen defeats by Resolven, Lonlas and Giants Grave; a draw against Hendy and victories over Cwmaman and Sunnybanc. With the season almost at an end, the boys are to be commended for their commitment throughout the season.

Hendy U8s 5-3 Saron U8s

Saron were caught cold on three occasions in the first half to give Hendy a good start to this encounter.

Andrew Stevenson, James Lawlor and Kieron Duffin scored for Saron but it was not enough to overcome the Hendy challenge.

Bryn Rovers U8s 0-5 Saron U8s

Kieron Duffin opened the scoring for Saron with a superb volley and an own goal and a Andrew Stevenson brace made it 4-0 at half-time. Against the wind in the second half, Bryn put the defence of Saron under pressure but Steffan Rees and Hugh Conway coped very well. Carl Morris made an excellent late save from a free kick and Andrew Stevenson broke to complete his hat-trick.

SUPER STRIKER SION: With his shinguard in view, pacey Saron striker Sion Raymond breezes through the Cimla defence.