A Swansea Crown Court judge has said how it was ‘hard to find words’ to describe the behaviour of a couple who punched an 11-year-old girl in the face, spat at a by-stander and defecated and urinated whilst in police custody.

Jason King had been attending his father’s funeral with partner Victoria Porter on June 6, when they parked their car in Ammanford town centre.

As a family-of-three walked past with their dog, King began shouting and swearing at them.

The father told King not to swear in front of his daughter at which point Porter got out of the car and pushed the man, telling him to leave her boyfriend alone.


Porter then grabbed the 11-year-old girl and put her in a headlock before punching her in the face.

She then turned her attention to the girl’s mother and gripped her by the throat.

At this point King armed himself with a claw hammer which was inside his car and proceeded to walk towards the father.

Several female passers-by had stopped at the scene and King began abusing them before spitting into one of their faces.

At that point the father approached King and grabbed his hand to disarm him.

The pair were arrested by police who discovered the couple's infant inside the car along with a quantity of cannabis.

They were taken to Ammanford police station where King blocked the toilet in his cell before defecating on the floor.

Porter, who was described as having ‘glazed eyes and slurred speech’, refused to provide a specimen of breath for analysis and urinated in the testing room.

Jason King, 31, of Mathew Street, Swansea pleaded guilty to possessing an offensive weapon, assault by beating, possession of cannabis, and criminal damage to the police cell.

He had also pleaded guilty to breaching a restraining order imposed in 2015 which banned him from entering Ammanford.

Victoria Porter, 36, of Clase, Swansea, pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm, two counts of assault by beating, and failing to provide a specimen for analysis.

Judge Geraint Walters said it was hard to find words to describe what the couple had done on the day in question.

King was sentenced to 12 months in prison and was ordered to pay £144 compensation to Dyfed-Powys Police for damaging the cell.

Porter was sentenced to nine months in prison suspended for two years, and was banned from driving for 18 months.