A man has been hospitalised after a fire spread from a shed to a house in Saron this morning.

The blaze occurred at a property in Saron Road at approximately 6.45am on Wednesday, February 7.

Fire crews from Ammanford, Tumble, Llanelli and Llandeilo were called to the scene to tackle the fire.

A spokesperson for the Welsh Ambulance Service said: "We were called at approximately 7.05am this morning to reports of a fire at an address on Saron Road, Ammanford.

"We sent two crews in emergency ambulances to the scene and one patient has been taken to Glangwili General Hospital."

A spokesman for Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service added: “We were called to a fire in Ammanford at 6.46am this morning.

“Crews have used eight breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, two main jets and a thermal imaging camera.

"The fire has now been extinguished and crews left the scene shortly after 9am."

The extent of the injuries are not yet known.