THREE Cwmgors boxers were in action on the bill at Swansea’s Oceana on Friday, promoted by their manager Paul Boyce.

In his fourth professional bout, light heavyweight Ian Jenkins went head to head with Joe Jones of Llandeilo and took his time to settle before edging the first round.

Jenkins had the Towy man in trouble in the second with a big right hand, which he failed to follow up, allowing his opponent off the hook.

He again dominated the third behind a good jab, but was hesitant in throwing his right until landing a neat uppercut to leave Jones hanging on.

In the final round Jenkins again led with the left, but failed to capitalise with more combinations.

At the bell, the referee gave Jenkins all four rounds with a score of 40-36 ensuring that although he lost his first two bouts under a different promoter and manager, he has now won both his contests under the Paul Boyce/Cwmgors banner.

Boyce and his team are already looking at Jenkins as a Welsh title contender within the next 18 months.

Making his pro debut, light welterweight and brother of Ian, Chris Jenkins, came fast out of the blocks against Russel Pearce of Newtown.

From the opening bell, Jenkins went at Pearce at a relentless pace with some good body shots that had him down for an eight-count before the Cwmgors hitman sustained a prolific attack for the rest of the round.

Round two again saw Jenkins targetting the midriff before switching to the head to put Pearce down for another eight count.

As soon as the North Walian was back on his feet he was again met with a barrage of hooks and uppercuts which prompted the ref to stop the contest to mark a fine start to Jenkins’ pro career.

The last Cwmgors man in the ring was Leon Findlay, who met Dale Evans of Carmarthen, with both men having won their first bouts by first round KOs.

It looked like the bout might end the same way when Evans landed a tremendous right on Findlay’s chin in the first round.

As the fight progressed it turned into a small hall classic with a rematch likely to be for a Welsh title as Findlay fought his way back into contention in round two with a series of some good combinations to the head and body.

But a clash of heads resulted in a cut above the left eye for Findlay, which required four stitches after the fight.

Round three was another war – won by Findlay thanks to his boxing skills and movement, but both boxers landed some meaty shots.

With Evans tiring in the last round, Findlay upped the ante and began unleashing some vicious body shots, switching to the head to finish the bout off in fine style, and he may well feel aggrieved at not getting the win.

But a draw was, on reflection, a result which means the two boxers keep their undefeated tag and earned them a standing ovation from the diners.

Hopefully all three Cwmgors boxers will be out again in April, at a dinner show– probably at the Manor Park Country House, Clydach.

Any would-be boxers wishing to join, can turn up at the gym on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Sunday at 6pm.

Ladies fitness classes are also held at the gym on Thursdays from 6.30pm to 7.30pm, just bring your kit and see fitness coach Chris Jenkins.