Name: Gerry Sutcliffe
Candidate for: Bradford South
Before being elected to Parliament, Gerry worked for the Telegraph & Argus and Fields Printers, where he became union deputy branch secretary for SOGAT (now part of Unite).
In 1992 he became Labour leader of Bradford Council.
After being elected as MP in 1994 he did stints at the Treasury and Whip’s office before becoming Consumer Affairs Minister at the Department for Trade & Industry.
After working at the Home Office and Ministry of Justice, Gerry was promoted in June 2007 to be Sports Minister.
Gerry also enjoys spending time with his grandchildren, watching football and listening to music.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- House prices on the rise with £20,000 increase since start of year
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to probe torture claims
- Mandelson and Adonis leave cabinet
- Government to end top-down targets
- Labour candidates get extra 13 days
- Call for changes after poll queues
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed