Name: Jason Smith
Candidate for: Bradford West
Party: UK Independence Party
Jason Smith, 38, was born and bred in Bradford.
He works full-time in a finance department for a Bradford-based distribution company. He is a licensed hypnotherapist and runs his own sports hypnosis and hypnotherapy business.
He is the Bradford and district chairman for UKIP and is a member of the Bradford Civic Society and sits on its regeneration committee. He won a regional political speaking competition in 2006.
He is active in many local campaign groups, including No2ID. He stood for UKIP in Bradford South in the 2005 General Election, and was third on UKIP’s Yorkshire regional list in the 2009 EU Elections.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy