Kitchen fire warning
8:00am Sunday 2nd September 2012 in Ammanford news
MID and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service is urging householders to have smoke alarms fitted, following two separate kitchen fires in a week.
In the incidents, in Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, both residents suffered serious smoke inhalation and required medical treatment.
Station manager Mick Higgins said: “Smoke alarms are essential pieces of equipment which beyond doubt save lives. They alert people to a fire in its early stages, allowing those extra crucial minutes to evacuate the property and raise the alarm to the fire service.
“It is vitally important that you have a working smoke alarm in your home. To assist in this, you can request a free home fire safety assessment from the fire service.”
To request an assessment for yourself or a dependant relative, contact call 0800 169 1234 or contact your local Fire Service office or station.