A 28-year-old Tumble man has been jailed for 18 weeks after he admitted breaching a restraining order when he turned up on his ex-girlfriend's doorstep.

Stephen Howard Roberts, of 20a Troedybryn, was already behind bars after being recalled to jail in relation to an offence of supplying Class A drugs when he appeared before Llanelli magistrates by video link from Swansea Prison to plead guilty to breaching the order, imposed on March 13.

Prosecutor Sian Vaughan described how Roberts had arrived at Sheryl Griffiths' home at Heol Dyfatty in Burry Port at 9pm on May 14 and began knocking at the door.

"She went to the door and told him he was not allowed to attend the property," said Ms Vaughan.

Roberts had been banned from going within 100 yards of the house following an incident on February 21.

When Ms Griffiths tried closing the door, Roberts wedged his foot inside to prevent it shutting.

"She told him she would phone the police but as she tried to do so Roberts snatched the phone from her hand and pushed her onto the sofa," said Ms Vaughan.

Roberts then left the property and when later confronted by police at a friend's home, he claimed he had not visited Ms Griffiths' home.

"He denied ever going there and claimed he had got off the train and gone straight to his friend's house," said Ms Vaughan.

Roberts denied the charge when appearing before magistrates on May 23, but decided to change his plea prior to the latest hearing.

Defence solicitor Kate Williams told the court that Roberts had little memory of the offence.

"He was intoxicated and had no recollection of the incident," said Ms Williams.

"He now accepts he must have attended and knocked on the door.

"When she phoned the police, he left."

Ms Williams told the court that Roberts was likely to remain behind bars until August 2014 following his recall to prison "in relation to offences of supplying Class A drugs".

He had previously been released from jail on licence following the partial completion of a prison sentence for drugs-related offence last year.

Magistrates told Roberts they were jailing him for 18 weeks, reduced from 24 due to his guilty plea, because "only a prison term" was justified due to the seriousness of the offence.

"You showed complete disregard for a court order and you showed violence to the injured party and you prevented her from seeking police help," Roberts was told.